Monday, August 8, 2011

Ontario Had 3.2% First Quarter GDP Growth in 2011

One stat that I think that should be found easily on the web is Ontario's GDP growth quarter by quarter and as up to date as possible. The Ontario numbers, when they come out, are usually way behind the federal one. This Star article reports the first quarter number for Ontario, which I think is after the feds have reported their second quarter (which I don't have on hand, but I remember is mediocre):

"The finance ministry said Ontario’s economy grew at an annualized rate of 3.2 per cent in the first quarter, the seventh consecutive gain since the recession."

Now I'm curious what the second quarter number will be, especially after hearing the fed numbers. Unfortunately, we probably won't hear that number until after the next election. I'm guessing based on the feds it won't be good.

Some day I'll collect the Ontario quarterly numbers and plot them over the last fifteen years or so. I'm sure that would be quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment