Friday, January 27, 2012

Hamilton Farmer's Market

Yesterday I was at the Hamilton Farmer's Market (a Thursday in case you're reading this weeks from now) and I glanced at my watch (OK, my cell phone). 5:03. I look around and a lot of the stalls are already closed. There's still people in the market and some stalls are still open.

One would expect that the stalls should still be open so people after work can grab some food for dinner, especially on a Thursday. It is a vicious cycle unfortunately. Stalls close early and then people know not to come and then more stalls close early because it isn't worth the staffing costs to keep it open. I don't really know the answer.

One suggestion I have for the Jackson Square Food Court is to provide free Wifi. Sure there's the free Hamilton Wireless already, but it doesn't work well at all. The food court is huge, and attracting more people for the free Wifi even if they don't buy anything makes the mall seem busier. Frankly Yale Properties who manage Jackson could do a lot more with that mall, but they seem content to just coast and collect their rents.

No comments:

Post a Comment